The key-objective for LYNX is to optimise the flow of project and work through the organisation. This assumes that there is always a very clear view on which projects or work streams have priority.
Clear Priority Management for better performance
LYNX is evaluating tasks and work against several priority rules. We call this set of rules the „Load-Factor“ scheduling and priority rules.
At any point in time LYNX will dynamically determine the relative task and work-priorities, taking into account the latest and actual situation or status. As a result it is always clear to any member of the project organisation (project managers, resources, management), which work should be started in order to achieve the best performance of the organisation.
Staying in control
LYNX offer the planner many possibilities for staying in control in the execution of one or multiple projects. These include:
- Progress monitoring of all projects that have been released
- Insight in the development of the workload in relation to the planning
- Identification of bottlenecks and take action to prevent
Projects can always easily be updated, to reflect the latest status. For example:
- Add new or extra tasks and resources
- Change the planning network and dependencies
- Change status, for example from released to “paused or on-hold”
- Adding more detail to the planning by further detailing task(s)
The actual state of the pipeline will always be presented to the planner.
Dealing with deviations
Deviations occur for example in case tasks take longer or may be less time. Progress can be added at various places by entering the Estimated Time to Complete (ETTC).
All deviations are directly carried trough in real-time.
Dashboards and monitoring
The project portfolio dashboard gives a snapshot of all projects and their performance, in relation to the due date, giving a clear view on the “due date performance” of the project and project organisation as a whole.