Project Modelling and Workmethods
Typically there are multiple “streams” of work with their own characteristics, requiring different approaches.
A project manager, need to be able to select a method that best fits with these work-stream or project characteristics.
Another perspective is that in order to achieve an accurate view on the total resource load, also other type of work (even if this is not typical project work), need to be included in the scheduling and load-balancing process, so that valid schedules are created.
LYNX supports the following Scheduling Methods:
- Critical Chain Project Management
- Agile/Scrum or Kanban Workflows
- Load-Factor Scheduling, with buffer management
- LEAN Planning
- Work-package management, e.g. for regular or unplanned workload
Critical Chain Project Management with LYNX:
LYNX provides full support for the execution of projects, using the Critical Chain Project Management approach, including:
- Detection of the Critical Chain
- Insertion of buffers (feeding buffers and project buffers)
- Staggering & Buffer Management
- Fever Chart based monitoring and prioritization