LYNX Critical Chain Software
Eliminate conflicting priorities across your projects and organisation. Have single operational priorities and synchronise everywhere. Create a better workplace for everyone, with more and timely results
To manage a multi-project portfolio with many projects going on at the same time is challenging.
Typically there are always more project ideas or customer projects than resources. Often clear strategic and operational priorities are lacking or cannot be maintained in the daily dynamics of a complex multi-project execution environment.
Unclear and conflicting priorities create confusion about what to work on and results in much longer leadtimes for example due to multitasking.
The consequences are extension of project lead-times, lack of reliability and/or less projects can be completed as required.
The value of Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM)
Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) addresses the challenge of running a complex multi-project portfolio successfully, by introducing two simple but highly effective controls:
The first prevents overloads and determine realistic deadlines that can be complied with. The second controls the execution of the projects, using clear operational priorities synchronized across all roles and departments involved, so that deadlines are respected, and resource conflicts are eliminated.
Implementation of Critical Chain results in a stable and professional work environment, in which Task and Project managers are continuously supported with operational priorities for the synchronized execution of their projects and work.
Ready to improve with Critical Chain?
More Projects in Less Time – Read how..
LYNX Critical Chain key features
Key-features of LYNX CCPM include:
- Core CCPM features:
- (Automatic) Identification of the Critical Chain and Feeding Chains
- Advanced buffer calculations and positioning:
- Project Buffer, Feeding Buffer(s), Milestone Buffer(s)
- Sophisticated buffer management
- Resource Buffer(s) evaluation during staggering process
- Current Longest Chain Monitoring / Multi-Project Progress Chart with trendlines
- LYNX Added Value CCPM Features:
- An easy to use and native project editor is built in – no separate tools required
- Native support for all the pivotal roles in a CCPM implementation
- Integrated Release Management and Decision support
- Optimized Task Lists and sequencing of work
- Full integration with Multi-Dimension Resource Management
- Scalability to large portfolio’s and projects
- Integration with visual Taskboard Management using Agile, Lean or Kanban
- Out-of-the-box integration with JIRA
Achieving improvements with the Theory of Constraints
The Theory of Constraints is based on the idea that within any system (project-organizations or production organizations) the total output determined by a “constraint”. This constraint can be internal (the maximum of resources available for completing a project) or external (the organization may be enough capacity, but the market to receive the products or services)
Only if the capacity of the constraint can be utilized better or expanded, the output of the organization will increase and significant improvements can be achieved.
Theory of Constraints on Wikipedia: learn more
TOC and Critical Chain Project Management
Critical Chain Project Management is the project management methodology developed from the Theory of Constraints.
In the context of a project the “constraint” of the system is called the critical chain. A critical chain is like a critical path, however with resource contention (conflicts) taken into account as well. Project performance can be improved by focusing on the performance of the critical chain: making this Critical Chain faster and reliable by the use of buffer management.
Critical Chain Project Management on Wikipedia: learn more